It Must Be Re-Incarnation Week--Also back from Dead

bushart

"Re-InCarnation" ......I always thought that condensed milk from dead cows :)

Hello all

Finally back on track here again

Been some changes in the ole painter's life

We spent the better part of last year selling our house----we did... and now live in da bush ...Agin

Much rather listen to the wolves and coyotes sing than lots of neighbors

With the house thing---didn't log too much fishin time last year.......so I may be re-tellin stories for a bit :whistling:

Also...the wife and I got this idea---where we take my painting experience and apply it on Sandblasted Western Red Cedar

It's turning out rather cool.....If you see an ad pop up at the top called "Ced_Art"...that's us

We figured that a lot of places doing this work use computer generated images----so we put a spin on it

Everyone we do is an original work-----the wood really makes it neat

Anyway folks good to be back and settled again

PS: There may be a slightly used Sens Jersey comin up for sale in the Classifieds....just have to try and remove the tear stains :)

Welcome back sounds like you got a lot done in your time away. I am looking forward to your unveiling of your art work. The others were a joy to see I am sure the plaques will be just as good.

Art

Thanks Art

It's really kind of neat doing this stuff

Granted have to be somewhat exact in masking the image to be not sandblasted (and remains raised)---but I'm usually up for a challenge

Like this one-----I visited my local taxidermist and bought some "eyes" off him---did for the loon as well

Apparently he tells me---he's not allowed to mount loons---even if someone finds one floating---mnr rules

kijhook 007.JPG

Im afraid it will be a very late start this year. Everything is froze tight.We,ll be seeing snow in the bush Im sure come may even june.LOL

I now have a float tube to play with on the rivers and back lakes too.

Was a fun year last year.

Edited by Misfish

I've been out of the loop so long that I didn't even know you were gone - it's like going through a time machine! haha I've only managed a couple of posts the past year and haven't had a chance to get on here much. Congrats on moving back out to the bush - we moved from a hamlet of about a dozen houses or so to the sprawling metropolis that is Port Rowan ( Population of a little under 1000 ) :o)

Looking forward to some posts and artwork!

Thanks Urban Fisherman

Yeah the selling of our big old house in town seemed all encompassing---you know the drill---tidy house---show house etc etc etc

Port Rowan???...I think I was there many years ago?-----Think I fished Steelhead around there somewhere ....Ryerse (sp) seems to come to mind

Artwork....Yes still painting but mostly on the sandblasted cedar now---I will do canvas if asked -----but this new venture is keeping us busy

Something different----getting tremendous feedback

I hope to get down your way again before I kick off----always liked stopping in Dover at the Arbour Dog