Hit Some Back Lakes

My son and I along with a couple others hit the back lakes for Specks/Splake Friday and Saturday. Fishing was pretty good. The first 4 fish on Friday broke us off but ended up with a few nice keepers for our trouble. I could not believe how orange the meat was. Fish were caught in depths ranging from 4 to 15 feet and they seemed to be travelling in packs. All would be quiet for a while and then the excitement would start and then they were gone.

Also picked up a Brinkman charcoal smoker off Kijiji and on the plate is fresh smoked splake and lake trout.

fishcropped1.jpg

smoked.jpg

Thanks for the feedback folks, it was a great. Fished with my cousin who I have not wet a line with in years. By the looks of the forecast the back lakes will be fishable for some time to come. Likely heading back in 2 weeks. The tracks on the UTV are simply amazing. That one belongs to my cousin. After spending 2 days fishing with him and my son and some of the places we got to I came back and put an order in. They are not built for speed but can go anywhere, even in deep snow. We came off a small speckle lake on Friday afternoon and followed a set of moose tracks up an embankment back to the access trail. The snowmobile that was with us got bogged down and had to turn around and take the long way out.

Oh and the fish tasted amazing.