Lowrance Elite 5 ice problems - help!

Fisherpete

Unit worked much better today - got to my spot, reset all settings and ran the wizard - worked fine after that. Once in a while the signal became faint, so I just bumped the sensitivity up a bit and all was well again.

Tried the other setting adjustments as well (sens at 100, colour line 92 etc) and it worked too, but hate looking at the screen when it is like that.

As for the fishing... Walked quite a ways to get away from the crowds - the slush was bad. Went 1/4 on lakers, had a hard time keeping them pinned today. Didn't mark a lot of fish, but was pretty mild out there and fished outside all day.

Thanks again to all for your tips.

Pete

Nope... didn't do the install yet. Earlier this year I was cleaning out a box of old electronics and computer stuff... found three or four 2GB micro SD cards from older cell phones that my wife and I have had... thought to myself these are junk now since we have 8+GB cards now. Threw them out... went to do the update the other night, downloaded the files onto my computer and hmmmm guess what, need a maximum 2GB micro SD card to do the update on the Elite 5 lol... d'oh. The sister in law has a couple of them that she is dropping off to me this week.

Pete

You've obviously never used one. I guess you think they don't mark in real time either? Oh, and the screens freeze too, right?

another ignorant statment. I have used one and just know that a flasher is the best for ice fishing. You can get by with LCD but flasher is best.

It's just funny with all these flashers/graphs.I would think that the manufacturers would give us a unit that would read ,let's say 200'.This would represent IMO most lakes in our area. Ready to go,want to see your lure,fish.what more can a fellow ask for?.Everyone says that with a bit of tweaking one way or another you can do it.Am I asking to much?Just seems way more difficult than it could be .But what do I know lol.