Happy New Year frozen friends...grin.

Garry2Rs

I'd like to wish my friends at OFC a happy New Year.

The dogs and I are enjoying fine weather here in Arizona, high in the low 70's with overnight lows in the high 40's. However, as usual, we miss family and friends back home.

I haven't done a lot of fishing so far this winter. A few short trips to give the dogs a run, and a couple of days with a friend camping on the Colorado River. We caught a few Small-mouth in the fast water. I was forced to call it quits after a couple of nights because my air mattress leaked...My old body no longer likes sleeping on the ground and let me know about it!

During December we had family visiting.

Bass fishing is slow in January, but an old workmate is coming for a visit next week and we generally spend some time trout fishing. They stock the local reservoirs with trout during the "cold" weather...After that, the pre-spawn and spawn should proved some action in February and March.

I'm looking forward to building three rods for friends before Spring, and perhaps one for myself...grin.

So far I have only finished one, a very conservative looking spinning rod for a friend's father.

DavesDad004_zpsa4b69057.jpg

DavesDad001_zpsa1fce34c.jpg

DavesDad005_zps1de94b02.jpg

We will be back in the Kawarthas around the same time as the lilacs bloom, which I hope will be just in time for some good Crappie fishing.

In the meantime, if you're playing in the snow or on the ice, be safe.

Garry2R's

Happy new year to you, Garry. The Bud's father will be thrilled with that new custom rod. And yes, it's cold here tonight. I'm guessing it'll be the coldest overnight temp of the winter but we are nice and toasty around the fireplace. *GRIN*

Have a good healthy year, Garry.

I'm looking forward to building three rods for friends before Spring, and perhaps one for myself...grin.

So far I have only finished one, a very conservative looking spinning rod for a friend's father.

DavesDad001_zpsa1fce34c.jpg

Garry2R's

I noticed it doesn't have the TOP-SECRET line guides that you showed me and I fell in love with. Not to worry your rods are being stored vertically over the winter months.

As an aside, it was a good thing your new boat wasn't here for me to work on, during the ice storm, a large tree fell right where it would have been parked.

See you in a couple months. I'll have my usual *snicker snicker*