Cochrane Air Lake Purchases....

beerman

Hi,

I am not sure any of you heard about this news, but from what I gather, Cochrane Air Services have purchased a BUNCH of lakes from the other 2 out-fitters that fly out of Cochrane! One lake is Patridge.... Here are a few others,... Fuzzy, Megan, Chappa, Yesterday, Bounce,Echo, Witigo , and some more... Looks like they will be the main out-fitter in the area! True North is totally now owned by Cochrane Air...

they do not own the lake, in most cases

but they could have exclusive use of the land so fly in but no camping. if there is crown land then you could camp I guess but on many fly-ins there is no shoreline that you could camp on with out clearing a lot of bush

Lakes aren't owned, just the camps upon them. Being that they are remote access and in many cases leased land, then it often works out that the lake is pretty well only used by the camp owners and patrons.

If Partridge was included, then that means Moose Cree with Cochrane Air has the monopoly now for Kesagami Lake and, Maurice with True North must have reached an agreement that suited his needs. This is excellent for both, and only time will tell how the Partridge Lake camp will be managed. Glad to have been there with Brenda last August, to enjoy it one last time the way Maurice ran it.

K017_zps45c18654.jpg

Hi,

I am not sure any of you heard about this news, but from what I gather, Cochrane Air Services have purchased a BUNCH of lakes from the other 2 out-fitters that fly out of Cochrane! One lake is Patridge.... Here are a few others,... Fuzzy, Megan, Chappa, Yesterday, Bounce,Echo, Witigo , and some more... Looks like they will be the main out-fitter in the area! True North is totally now owned by Cochrane Air...

Interesting, thanks.

Glad to have been there with Brenda last August, to enjoy it one last time the way Maurice ran it.

K017_zps45c18654.jpg

Wish I could say the same! Here's hoping the level of service doesn't diminish.

Lake leases... every outfitter has them.

Not exactly right Billy. The outfitters don't lease lakes they have a commercial land use permit for their outpost camps that is all.

And for what it's worth I can't think of a single example in the province of Ontario where an outfitter has exclusive rights to a body of water.

Wish I could say the same! Here's hoping the level of service doesn't diminish.

Don't think it should, but who knows? Charlie and Co. have been running that 4-Star lodge for some time now, and for the most part have always had the best interests of the fishery and their customers in mind. Will more or less be wondering what open season they allow for anglers in their future though? And at what costs as well?

And yes, thanks for posting Beerman.