Amazon.ca for fishing

captpierre

I have ordered four fishing poles in the last 5 weeks from Amazon.ca. One was delivered with bent eyes, the second had the ceramic out of the tip eye. Both of these were 7' poles and were delivered with absolutely no protective packaging. The third pole was a two piece downrigger pole that was shipped in a cardboard box. Perfect. The last pole never made it to me. Damaged in shipping. Last night I got its replacement. It also was damaged, broken tip. This had bubble wrap for protection. They can't replace this one again. No more stock. I like the price and the free shipping but the shipper needs to ship poles in a cardboard box or tube. I guess it is my problem because I keep ordering from them.

I have ordered four fishing poles in the last 5 weeks from Amazon.ca. One was delivered with bent eyes, the second had the ceramic out of the tip eye. Both of these were 7' poles and were delivered with absolutely no protective packaging.

Ask for the Drone shipping option next time and you won't have any issues.

do they ship rods in protective packaging?

I got my Dobyns Champion 704CB Glass in a 1pc cardboard tube. Also had foam around each end so it couldn't rattle against the packaging.. Couldn't have packaged it any better.

Cardboard tube makes for a great flyin case as well :)

Edited by BillM

Oct.21 I ordered a Plano speed bag and a pair of fishing shears to make the order over 25 dollars so I could get the free shipping.

On Nov.9 they emailed saying they couldn't get me the shears, only problem they added shipping cost to bag.

A quick call to them and to my surprise I got a guy who spoke plain english! He waved the shipping charges on the bag.

Bag arrived Nov.29

I was happy overall with the experience but be aware they sell you the items from someone else and there can be lengthy delays in them getting items and getting them out to you.

Bottom line if you wanna save a few bucks keep and eye out but don't expect a speedy delivery.