Quinte, atleast we didnt get skunked

RangerGuy

the account from the rescuers was only the tip of the bow was out of the water when they arrived, and that was almost immediately after they entered the water...

so i don't believe it would be from being water logged...at least not that quickly.

I meant that foam can become waterlogged as the boat ages. This would be especially true for boats that are left unattended at docks for days at a time. If water is left in the boat for a few days it would get absorbed by the foam. That was the case for my boat.

Even without water logged foam; I would not be surprised if a large 4 stroke motor and a few deep cycle batteries could defeat the flotation.

I meant that foam can become waterlogged as the boat ages. This would be especially true for boats that are left unattended at docks for days at a time. If water is left in the boat for a few days it would get absorbed by the foam. That was the case for my boat.

Even without water logged foam; I would not be surprised if a large 4 stroke motor and a few deep cycle batteries could defeat the flotation.

That is a really good point! I wonder if the foam rating is desigined to keep the boat afloat or a boat, motor, gear. There must be some specs available and it might be good to know for the future.

That is a really good point! I wonder if the foam rating is desigined to keep the boat afloat or a boat, motor, gear. There must be some specs available and it might be good to know for the future.

My understanding it is suppose to keep the boat and rated payload afloat in the event of swamping.

No need to stress for giant gold socks cause they'll still be swimming and putting up wimpy fights the next day.

The 2-3 lb. fish are good eating size.

I guess the thrilling danger involved in fishing for these inedible 15 lb. wet socks is what gets some out there.

However, used to ice fish Long Reach/Sherman's Point years ago and getting a 10 lb.+ walleye was great, since i was used to little walleyes of the Kawarthas.

Comforting to hear those guys all alright. Those charter guys must of been close enough and quick enough to make all the difference in the world, well done.

When they're ready to tell the story.. I'm really curious to know details. Like others have said, we need to learn from what happened.