Flashlight Painting

Twocoda

if the object is big (like a barn) youll have to take several images and paint in sections....just set up the camera on a tripod, 30 second exposure (i used ISO 2000 on these) but you can adjust for the amount of light available..snap your first shot...point a flashlight at the object and colour it in with light ....take another exposure and paint the light over the next section (try to overlap from your previous section and thats the second frame....same thing again for as many times you have to until you have hit every part of your object with the flashlight...then move all the frames into photoshop and "layer" them all on one canvass...with the eraser tool...simply erase all the dark spots out from all of your layers until you have all the lit up sections remaining on the canvas and merge the layers...Voila! ,,,,If you do one Joey ...dont forget to share ....i might try another with different coloured lights to see what happens...if you have any more question in better detail...dont hesitate to ask...Have fun...

Edited by Twocoda

Dave, I think if you drop the ISO/Exposure time a bit you'll get better contrast between the subject and the sky.. It will make it look a lot more dark/eery. The last two pics are perfect in my opinion. Good job man! I'm going to have to try this in the near future.