Shore 'fishing' with Jack.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Bit of a sad day yesterday. While shopping in town I suggested to Jack that we get a dozen minnows on the way home. Jack was excited to go to the minnow shop as he is treated like royalty, he even has his own footstool behind the counter so he can reach the minnow tanks and net the minnows we are buying. On hearing this mum suggested we just take of and go fishing as she could get the shopping done quicker without us in tow (heehee….note to self), Jack was up for it and off we went.

Why a sad day? As we are getting out of the truck at home, to my horror Jack pipes up, "Dad, I hate fishing". Some intense conversation followed and i discovered that he "actually hates fishing" but loves playing around while I fish. I'll take that i guess. I am of course being melodramatic, if there is one thing i know from experience it is that given the right conditions he loves fishing, just not for long and we better be catching! I think its more the case of him practising this week's new word 'hate'. I love watching his giant personality grow, even better when its like holding a mirror up.

Anyhoo, here is our adventure from yesterday evening at the house.

WENT DOWN TO THE LAKE TO DO SOME OF THIS

IMG_6492.jpg

BUT ENDED UP DOING MORE OF THIS

IMG_6498.jpg

AND THIS………………………………….

IMG_6499.jpg

AND OF COURSE THIS…………………

IMG_6491.jpg

AND A ATTEMPT AT THIS……………...

IMG_6494.jpg

HERE ARE THE VIDEOS

THE SUNSET WAS UNSPECTACULAR FOR 'SUNSET COUNTRY'

Snow is flying as i write……..

more snowmen and snow machines today for Jack, Dad and Mum….if the wind drops a bit.

Times like these make me 100% sure this is the right place for us to be growing up.