Minn Kota power drive V2

davey buoy

Yes you do. It can be mounted but only permanently. The quick release bracket will make your life much easier. Make sure when you mount it that the trolling motor can deploy fully. It will probably stick out a bit.

Thanks,any idea which bracket?Or I guess I could go to a distributor and find out my options,now that I know.

How is the motor going to clear the bow rail on your boat?

There's only one cleat in the way,and the front lightI .Hope with the quick release plate,and looking at it sitting on the floor,will clear the rail.If not I could take out one piece of rail.The rail is quite short.I will alter the light if need be.

Edited by davey buoy

Question

Does this motor come with a quick release bracket?

asked 6 months ago

by

MiskM

on Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 Trolling Motor

1 answer

Answers

answer 1

Yes it does come with a quick release feature.

staff-icon.gif

expert-icon.gif

I just copied off the CTC website for this motor. I presume you bought one, new or used?

Question
Does this motor come with a quick release bracket?
asked 6 months ago
by
MiskM
on Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 Trolling Motor
1 answer
Answers
answer 1
Yes it does come with a quick release feature.
staff-icon.gif
expert-icon.gif
I just copied off the CTC website for this motor. I presume you bought one, new or used?

Bought it used. Will have to drop by BPS tomorrow and see what is available. Looked at the CT website as well today.It said it comes with a quick release feature. Pretty awkward on your own to see how it goes without someone holding it.I'll have to see it demonstrated in store to see what's what.Thanks.

There is just about everything under the sun on YouTube , a demo of your model is online as well. I only looked at 1 of many, many listings with info from Google referring to your Minncotta. I would rather go to BPS myself but you can save a lot more time for fishing later looking online now. You sure do ask a lot of questions that you can answer yourself with a little effort on your part. Same goes for looking for a trolling motor. Advice is one thing, researching for someone is another.

Good luck with your new unit.

JD

There is just about everything under the sun on YouTube , a demo of your model is online as well. I only looked at 1 of many, many listings with info from Google referring to your Minncotta. I would rather go to BPS myself but you can save a lot more time for fishing later looking online now. You sure do ask a lot of questions that you can answer yourself with a little effort on your part. Same goes for looking for a trolling motor. Advice is one thing, researching for someone is another.

JD

I checked you tube,couldn't be 100% sure if the same model. I respect a lot of the guys input here and hoping someone which it looks like has or is familiar with this model. The members here have helped me alot!!!Really appreciate their help.

Thanks Matt,I looked at BPS on my way home.$89.00 for the MKA 21.Christmas gift by the look of it .lol.

JD

I can't access your Pm JD.Thinking about it today I would love your reason to me for asking to many questions???.Isn't what this forum is for??If I could of found the information that you could find,believe me I would of,you didn't, But I chose the power of the forum .And you know what, it WORKED.Good people hear to help me out.Shoot me a PM if you want.

Dave.

The MKA-21 is a flush mount, I wouldn't be putting that on carpet or anything that could possibly hold water. I run the other mount I posted on our Terrova, we raised it up just a wee bit with some plastic spacers so the carpet could dry out when it got wet. If you're not mounting it to carpet, then you've got nothing to worry about (although I would seal it completely)

The MKA-21 is a flush mount, I wouldn't be putting that on carpet or anything that could possibly hold water. I run the other mount I posted on our Terrova, we raised it up just a wee bit with some plastic spacers so the carpet could dry out when it got wet. If you're not mounting it to carpet, then you've got nothing to worry about (although I would seal it completely)

No carpet Bill,he did mention the bolts with the expandable rubber.These will raise the motor a bit higher if I go that route.I will seal the holes,and also will shim to level.Thanks again Bill!!

You sure do ask a lot of questions that you can answer yourself with a little effort on your part. Same goes for looking for a trolling motor. Advice is one thing, researching for someone is another.

Were all here to help. Some may THINK,they know,but to be sure,they ask.