My 2013 Hunt - Some Graphic Images

TJQ

With renos galore around here, the flu and just general business, I didnt get out this fall too much. (that will change)  But I did manage to get my moose hunt in with a group of guys I have known since kindergarten.  (and yes they did invite me lol)  The camp is well organized and there is rarely a year where they arent successful  Theres enough guys in on the TAG that usually and adult tag is available.

The camps been there in various forms since the late 40's I think, and I've been in and out of there with my bud for a long time.  All the Uncles and cousins nephews and family friends usually make it in, for the week long hunt.  My buddy runs things for the most part now (3rd generation) and set me up with a bunk and a watch tower for the week.  Cell service is just about non existent most of the time, so it was kinda nice to take a break and just ... well watch.   The food was amazing as always and the evening conversations.. always piled high .. lol

My buds two daughters are quite into the hunt and are responsible for skinning out and then on the last day everyone gets together and the moose is cut and packaged right at camp.

Heres a few pictures, enjoy.

The Watches

IMG 1530 (Medium)

IMG 1528 (Medium)

IMG 1489 (Medium)

IMG 1467 (Medium)

The Camp

IMG 1559 (Medium)

IMG 1572 (Medium)

IMG 1570 (Medium)

The Peeps

IMG 1562 (Medium)

IMG 1556 (Medium)

IMG 1545 (Medium)

IMG 1525 (Medium)

IMG 1527 (Medium)

IMG 1523 (Medium)

Winner Winner - Chicken Dinner...  This Years Shooter

IMG 1524 (Medium)

The Moose and aftermath.

IMG 1588 (Medium)

IMG 1581 (Medium)

IMG 1583 (Medium)

IMG 1590 (Medium)

After it was hit the bull tried to cross back across the creek.. unsuccessfully.. so we had to call in a towing company..

(copyright 2014 on the jingle...)

Nothing is more Canadian than moose steaks on the BBQ in the middle of February, snowbanks keeping the bevies from freezing. the smell of 2 stroke exhaust and ice build up frozen to your moostache...Congrates on the hunt!

smoke some with that maple syrup of yours and send me a ham for ruining my ear drums