In Search Of Trout

Freshtrax

The last week of September my wife and I headed up north in search of Speckies. They proceeded to have lockjaw for the first 3 days of our trip so we targeted a more willing combatant landlocked Rainbows. After a few hours on the lake we figured out the pattern and they were more than willing to tangle. Lite lines and long leads were required, we trolled shallow over deep water with about 150 feet of line out. In the next four days we probably caught 50 or so 1-3 pound trout.

After 300k on the highway and 50 k on a logging road we found our 2 k long driveway

P9240014_zps0f801e9c.jpg

Our view from the deck for the week. Never saw another soul on this lake all week as we had the only cottage. Theres trout in here few and far between but very big. the owner says not much smaller than 5 pounders. But its been going downhill since the bass got in here.

P9240020_zps2b7615c2.jpg

this little lake usualy prodeces some speckies but no avail :(

P9250041_zps22a8cb34.jpg

We caught a few of these

P9250045_zpsc91af627.jpg

A bunch of theseP9280069_zps5c8916a2.jpg

But no speckies:(

all in all we had a fantastic trip.

Hey! The 'round' lake haha. Never had much luck to speak of in those little brookie potholes. I DO know they hold fish though.

Were most of your bows that silver? I dont fish that lake too much but most of the fish seem to be much more coloured up.

Good to see you guys had a good time

They were all pretty silver. The odd one had more pink. That little round lake produced good for me in the winter.. The problem was the fis shut down an hour after first light and I'm usually way to hungover to get out for them.

The bows just smashed mepps spinners with a chunk of worm on the treble. Red and white was by far the best producer. And when we switched to 4 lb floro. Leaders we honestly couldn't keep the fish off. Nothing big but a blast on 10 ft spinning gear.