Operation Smile!

Big Cliff

Just watched a program on TV called "Operation Smile". It is all about these wonderful Dr.s that go to places like Ruanda and operate on kids with cleft lips and pallets. What a wonderful thing for these Dr.s to do and for the kids. $240.00 will cover the cost of one surgery. I really have to commend all involved. My only question is why does the same surgery cost over $24,000.00 here in Canada?

I work for an organization where once a year we have a 'day of giving'. last year our office raised more than $3,000. Again this year, next week! computers and vacation days go up for auction and our suppliers donate certificates to bid on! We invite our chosen local charity to do a presentation on their programs.

We pay for our lunch that is also donated.

The LCBO has to stop asking when occasionally I drop in.

How come they have the niche on asking? Where does it go?

As why it costs so little overseas, It would be nice to find out if anyone knows.

I work for an organization where once a year we have a 'day of giving'. last year our office raised more than $3,000. Again this year, next week! computers and vacation days go up for auction and our suppliers donate certificates to bid on! We invite our chosen local charity to do a presentation on their programs.

As why it costs so little overseas, It would be nice to find out if anyone knows.

Dollar value and the economy I'd guess.. it's the reason someone with $80,000 here would live like bill gates in Jamaica.

As for this charity, that is just awesome. Love it!

That's fantastic Ketchenany.

My wife works at a place where they have to ask for contributions regularly, they hate it with a passion.

Rich Jamaica is very expensive to live. A body Guard in Kingston is $200.00 a day. I kid you not. Now the D.R. that's another thing.

My wife's sister is a nurse that went to Haiti with Doctors without borders, I'll ask her why so cheap. I would suspect our charitable donations cover 99% of the cost. She was paid her salary and expenses when she went after the earthquake.

Edited by Old Ironmaker