This is what I've been catching latley

10point

I use to catch those in Lake Ontario when I was a kid in the nuclear plant ( when you were still allowed in there) Great fight and when you caught one there was more of them to follow. never caught one that big thou. Good looking fish.

nick

I use to catch those in Lake Ontario when I was a kid in the nuclear plant ( when you were still allowed in there) Great fight and when you caught one there was more of them to follow. never caught one that big thou. Good looking fish.

nick

You were probably catching white bass. A wiper is a white bass / striped bass hybrid. There are a lot of white bass in Lake Ontario. I have heard of some wipers caught in Lake Ontario as well; I don't think there is a large population of them though.

World record class wipers have been caught out of lake o within the last few years (not sure if it was an official record though). Very cool fish.

Really? Caught many 3-4 lb. white bass at nuke plant in Pickering. Haven't been there for few years. It would be super cool to get into a 9 lb. wiper if they are there now too. Wipers at Pickering? Is this true?

love the boilers hat. and love that fish. impressive. i just caught a similarly sized sheepshead. closest thing i've gotten to that fish you're holding.

this is what my boilers hat looks like. and this is the kind of fish you settle for when you need to scratch the itch after a long winter. not quite as nice as the beast you got. lol:

211othv.jpg

Edited by rhymobot

Really? Caught many 3-4 lb. white bass at nuke plant in Pickering. Haven't been there for few years. It would be super cool to get into a 9 lb. wiper if they are there now too. Wipers at Pickering? Is this true?

Ya my buddy caught a few wipers a little while back this year. I have pic of a 9lb wiper from the plant in pickering, i would post it if i could figure out photobucket...

Yes i believe it was even featured in an ontario OOD. I used to catch lots of what i thought were huge white bass in the 3 to 4 lb. range...thinking some of the bigger ones may have been wipers...or i've caught multiple world record white bass haha