Splake

mikdor

Casting, not trolling. I find they often hit a spoon when you kill it and let it flutter down (just like lakers and specks). I was fishing a splake lake last fall, and 2 guys trolling went past and said "that guy must think he's fishing for bass". 6 fish later they wanted to know what lure I was using.

Casting, not trolling. I find they often hit a spoon when you kill it and let it flutter down (just like lakers and specks). I was fishing a splake lake last fall, and 2 guys trolling went past and said "that guy must think he's fishing for bass". 6 fish later they wanted to know what lure I was using.

Absolutely. Splake, like lakers and specks, go into full spawning mode in october and start pushing shallow as soon as soon as the water starts to cool. I like to fish them like specks and cast into shoreline structure adjacent to deep water areas. Big boulders with 10 + FOW close by has been a top producing spot for me.

If youre fishing with another person, try one person casting spinners like a no. 6 panther martin and the other with a slip floated worm and go from there!

A small 3-4 inch countdown rapala in black/silver or blue works great either cast or trolled !!! It's a sinking rapala so cast it and let it sink and count every 2 seconds it will sink about a foot then reel in and vary your retrieve and stop reeling and let it sink again it gets them big time !!! If you are going to troll do the same thing pop the motor into neutral and let it sink then back into gear !! They will come up for it !!!! Just some options that we have used in the past !!! Can also put a small chunk of worm on the hook or the rapala as well !!! Good luck and tight-lines !!!!