Oshawa Boat Launch?

Bearss

Hey Guys I recently moved to Oshawa and have a 14' can with a 20hp 4 stroke on the back, Was hoping to get into the Oshawa harbour to chuck some spoons away from the crowds on the boat and am wondering if there is a place to launch that's close? Not even going to think about travelling from whitby or bowmanville launches. Think I could drag it over the beach at Lakeview?

Oshawa marina was closed many years ago due to contaminated soil from past land use. Lots of people put kayaks and canoes in at the simcoe st bridge and you can park close to the beach so if your boat is carryable then you should be fine.

Edited by Joeytier

I went to rib fest and checked out that grassy area on the north side of the bridge. That even looks possible to get it in there. I'll have to check out that other spot you mentioned.

When you say that it was tried to get a launch at the empty lot what happened and how can I help?

Last time I was there you could bring the boat into the harbour without any issues. I've launched canoes from there and fished all the way out to the main lake and it's plenty deep enough. The area where you approach the mouth gets shallow quickly....and the area where the old docks were is chained off.

The area off of Cedar has been blocked off. There other launches to the east and west of Oshawa if you're not stuck on fishing there specifically. Whitby is just a short ride but you'd want good conditions for getting over and back, Darlington would be the other option.

It would be nice if the friggin' governments would get off their :asshat: 's and fix up the marina and get it functional again instead of all the bloody finger pointing. Bunch of morons with nothing more than their own agenda to get elected and promise that the harbour will be fixed up. 11 years later and still no concrete sign of this being resolved anytime soon. Pathetic! Although they seemed to be all keen to put a ethanol plant in there in a matter of no time. :angry:

Sorry to the op for the side track but it pisses me off. lol! Welcome to the board.