Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Yea. Not from here. It seems that most people want him gone from the Leafs on dedicated Leafs message boards. Just got a little confused in my excitement I guess. lol

Not me..I like Dion..Any guy that plays over 30 min a night is bound to have a few mistakes..It comes with 30 min games..Sure he has been a tad soft at times but I dont know of any perfect Defense men in the NHL

Not me..I like Dion..Any guy that plays over 30 min a night is bound to have a few mistakes..It comes with 30 min games..Sure he has been a tad soft at times but I dont know of any perfect Defense men in the NHL

Oh he is far far from perfect. How about Dougherty, Seabrook, Keith, karllsen, Weber, etc should I go on?? Phanouck is so far down the list that he is stiing next to Komisarek!!

If he clocks between 20-25 minutes a game he tends to have a pretty solid game. Of course he's not Doughty, Keith or Weber, but there are few of those. He's still probably top 30 defense in the league.

The worst part is Toronto loves chewing up and spitting out defensemen. Remember Matheau Schnider? Same thing happened.

Edited by jeremy84

I'm not a big fan of Dion, and even less a fan of his contract, but he does log the most minutes (against the top forwards) on a team that doesn't play the most defensive focused game. His defensive partner for most of those minutes also contributes to the results.

I'm not a big fan of Dion, and even less a fan of his contract, but he does log the most minutes (against the top forwards) on a team that doesn't play the most defensive focused game. His defensive partner for most of those minutes also contributes to the results.

That's an excellent point I always forget about. Phaneuf is a number 2 defenseman, Carl Gunnerson is not.

Dallas Stars Rich Peverley has callapsed on the bench and taken for emergency care. Has has recently returned to the Stars lineup after cardiac problems. The game is temporarily suspended. It all sounds pretty scary. Hope he's ok...

pray_zps8a6b430d.gif

Dallas Stars Rich Peverley has callapsed on the bench and taken for emergency care. Has has recenty returned to the Stars lineup after cardiac problems. The gme is temporarily suspended. It all sounds preffty scary. Hope he's ok...

pray_zps8a6b430d.gif

Wow, so this was the alert I got on NHL Gamecentre, that's scary! Let's hope he's ok.