Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I agree with Bill M. We really don't need another slow defensemen that supposedly is a team leader. Surely we've learned our lesson. Didn't we bring in Tim Gleason for the same reason. How did that work out?

I liked the way Gleason played, no one would block shots like he did.

Good point. Too bad his heart didn't rub off on some of the other less committed players. He was fearless. I think sometimes he was required to block a shot because someone else on the ice hadn't held up their end of the deal.

Good point. Too bad his heart didn't rub off on some of the other less committed players. He was fearless. I think sometimes he was required to block a shot because someone else on the ice hadn't held up their end of the deal.

Agreed 100%. But we all knew Gleason was just a 1 year deal anyhow. Let's hope they beef up the D line this year!

I really don't know what komarov will change, he's asking a lot of money because he can make it in the KHL but he's only worth so much, when he went back they'd offered him 1.7mill/yr and he made high 2's maybe into 3 I can't remember exactly.

I mean I like the guy but it was for selfish reasons d(albeit personal ones on being able to be on display for his country for sochi)

he left but he's not worth what he's asking in a salary cap worl

Edited by leaf4

maybe the process of trying to call Russia is holding them up from calling players that can actually add something to the roster other than grit? Matt frattin is good but we traded him once already and retained salary with scrivens to acquire bernier

Edited by leaf4

Bolland - questionable future due to injury

Raymond - play making ability but not much grit

Clarkson - complete waste of money

the fact that they are gone is definitely not going to keep them from making the playoffs lets see what they pick up ... just heard Matt Frattin from CBJ

I think Clarkson could be a good player for the Leafs if the team ever buys into the style of play Carlyle wants. I just don't think the coach has the type of players he needs to play the style he's coaching. If you give Clarkson some other players on his line who like to cycle I think he'd be pretty hard to play against. He was in New Jersey.

I liked Frattin and I think he'll be a matured player more willing to pay the price now.