Mercury service

FishOn

Can I please get someone to recommend a good place to have my Mercury 4 stroke engine diagnosed and repaired. I am in Markham and willing to travel a good distance if the shop is reasonable and does a good job.

they have to be licensed Mercury technicians.

Thanks

75 Mercury 4 stroke EFI. It starts hard and when it does start black smoke is coming out (from the exhaust mixed with fuel and oil) . its like running an engine on choke only. To me it looks like its running only on two cylinders, but I could be wrong.I did some research and it could be a fuel problem with the Module fuel supply regulator. Apparently there is a small 1/8" hose that could crack and start sending too much fuel.

While running the alarm sounded and I did shut the motor down. I am hopping there will be some codes stored in the ECU.

Anyways, the engine has set for over a year and it has less than 50hrs on it. I have to get it checked

Edited by FishOn

There used to be a Mercury outboard shop around Steels and Dufferin are.Close to the 407 Head Office. I forgot the name of the shop. It was a unit in a strip mall. Extreme something???

They worked on my Mercury Optimax a while back and did a great job.

I will keep an eye on the post and see who gets the best vote and give them my bussines.

Thanks!