Bad news for Lake Erie

Luke V.

No harm?

Just because they can't reproduce doesnt mean they wont cause any harm.

By the sounds of it, these things demolish a big chunk of plant life in the water, which isnt a good thing... especially when half of it goes back into the water as waste.

Sure, them not being able to re-produce is great, but that doesnt have any bearing on the damage they do while they're alive.

What if a few hundred or thousand get into our lakes..... that's A LOT of plant life gone, and A LOT of waste put into the water which isnt good for our native and self-sustaining species.

I just don't get why people cant respect the rules. It's for all of our own good. :wallbash:

This should read "good news for Lake Erie" sterile fish are no harm and came from a stock of fish meant for ponds and reservoirs in the US.

The bigger question would be if it swam up the electric canal in the us?

Well I guess when it jumps out of the water and smacks you in the face... while you're doing 30mph... you'll be happy it didn't jizz on you as well!

No harm?

Just because they can't reproduce doesnt mean they wont cause any harm.

By the sounds of it, these things demolish a big chunk of plant life in the water, which isnt a good thing... especially when half of it goes back into the water as waste.

Sure, them not being able to re-produce is great, but that doesnt have any bearing on the damage they do while they're alive.

What if a few hundred or thousand get into our lakes..... that's A LOT of plant life gone, and A LOT of waste put into the water which isnt good for our native and self-sustaining species.

I just don't get why people cant respect the rules. It's for all of our own good. :wallbash:

Take it easy there pro star, it's one measly fish. Every year they document several, even in Lake Ontario, being caught or found dead.... There here but thankfully they are not breeding in our waters....... Just yet.

Take it easy there pro star, it's one measly fish. Every year they document several, even in Lake Ontario, being caught or found dead.... There here but thankfully they are not breeding in our waters....... Just yet.

Actually... this is the 2nd fish. :whistling:

Wow, what are the coincidences they'd be doing a grass carp search there that day and find one! They must only get out maybe twice a year to do this, quite a small chance in all of Lake Erie they'd happen to find one while doing a "grass carp search".

Makes you wonder how many are really out there.

Or am I to simply buy this mainstream news story as 100% fact? Well since that never happens I'd say people should probably read into this more. The real story is there.

Well I guess when it jumps out of the water and smacks you in the face... while you're doing 30mph... you'll be happy it didn't jizz on you as well!

I believe that's a different species.... The famed jumping Asian carp and grass carp are 2 different species as far as I know... There's 1-2 grass carp caught in the long sault parkway each year....

I believe that's a different species.... The famed jumping Asian carp and grass carp are 2 different species as far as I know... There's 1-2 grass carp caught in the long sault parkway each year....

Yes, I think it is the silver and/or big heads that are the jumpers.