Glen Haffy

coolwater

Just wondering if anyone has ever fished the Glen Haffy Conservation Area north of Toronto. There are trout ponds there I thought I might take the grandkids to but I have heard conflicting reports from local guys. I know there is a cost to fishing there but I was more interested in opinions of the quality of the facility and how the fishing is this time of year.

Thanks

I pass by there every morning and night on my way to and from work and I never see any one entering or leaving.

I know it used to be stocked with trout from local trout farms north of there but they have shut down for about 6 years.

Cant say that I have ever fished it but if its like other ponds around that area you would do well with sunfish and perch(small) maybe even the odd bass.

It's a great little spot, just pay entrance and an angling fee, no extra cost per pound/inch like the other pay to fish places, however there is only a two fish limit. Everything works there, worms, corn, trout dough, spinners, spoons, roe, flies, ect...... It still is a great little place with to catch trout in the middle of summer. Rather people keep trout out of here than from the creeks.

I pass by there every morning and night on my way to and from work and I never see any one entering or leaving.

I know it used to be stocked with trout from local trout farms north of there but they have shut down for about 6 years.

Cant say that I have ever fished it but if its like other ponds around that area you would do well with sunfish and perch(small) maybe even the odd bass.

I believe the TRCA has there own hatchery/rearing ponds specifically for their own stocking in various TRCA owned an operated areas, glen haffy, heart lake ect....

Thanks for all your replies. I might just take a chance and go there for a day. The kids will enjoy something different regardless if they catch anything.

My kids got their first fish there. A great place, bring lunch and have a family picnic.

Taking my grandkids next year if time allows.