Restoule PP - How's the bite?

Stoty

If you have a canoe take the short portage to Hazel Lake, I was on it for about an hour last year and had a lot of whacks, unfortunately didn't get anything to swallow it. Plenty of cover and structure, and your skills are no doubt better than mine, should have success.

How did you do? Seen your truck there, i left on friday. Was slower than last year. Landed a few ski's, biggest being 36", all small guys. Managed to land two 20.5" smallies ~5lbs minutes from each other which was pretty awesome. Surprisingly the fish were pretty chunky, lots of bass in the 17-18" all over stormy.

Edited by danbob

Hey guys,

I was up there from Thursday to Sunday with limited time to fish.

Never fished there before this weekend.

Fished a total of 5 hrs. 1 hour on Restoule and 4 hrs on Clear.

1 hr on Restoule and boated 3 decent smallies ( my son got his first smallie on a top water ) and had a 8- 10 pound musky slash my jerk bait

4 hrs on Clear Lk. The wife gave me a pass to fish for 4 hrs on Sat. Boated a 10 pound musky in the first 10 min of fishing and thought it was going to be a killer day. Figured that the bite was on, I targeted musky with big baits and raised 2 nice muskies to the boat.

Nothing else.

Nice looking lake. Beautifull park. Not sure if I will be back anytime soon. I can see the potential for great fishing. A little far to travel IMO