Beginner Bronze Backs

So due to extremely tough walleye fishing this year because of low water temps and colored water from all the rain.... I decided to give this bass fishing thingy a try... Just to add some extra bites to my day...

Now I know a lot of spots that hold smallies but I didn't really know how to catch them other then a few accidental catches while trolling walleye...

So I messages a buddy asking for help... Kinda a trade of.. I needed him to help me with technique... And in return I'd show him some spots the pros don't know with big fish on them...

So we made plans for a day trip... And I was surprised at the numbers and quality of fish caught... Especially because I had never done it before... And we were screwing around running all over the river...

We did an 8am-4pm day... We boated 35+ smallies and 4 largies... Our biggest 5 fish were all over 4lbs which would have been a 20-22lb limit in a tourney... And my buddy told me it was a slow day... Lol...

He was surprised at the size of fish on some of the spots I showed him... 1 spot put out 3 smallies over 4lbs...

I've been mostly leaning on the dropshot with xzone slammers either a smoke/minnow color or a green/brown gobie color... VMC spinshot hooks and a 16-18" drop line with a 3/8 or 1/2 oz weight... Also hitting the flats with spinnerbaits... And a bit of tube dragging...

Anyways... Here a few fish from the past few weeks...

image-44.jpg

image-45.jpg

image-43.jpg

image-47.jpg

image-46.jpg