2003 Legend 17 XCalibur with 115 Merc 4-stroke

I have a 17 foot Legend X Calibur with a 115HP Merc 4 stroke and 55lb Minn Kota bow mount trolling motor, 2 fish finders, etc. Great fish and family package.

Just wondering ballpark what you feel a used sale price range might be?

It does have some cosmetic damage to the sides, it blew off a dock once and got a few scrapes on it -- purely cosmetic but I know that does play into it.

Glad for some input.

It's been great for us but with 4 kids taking to wake boarding I need to up my power and get something with a tower :)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kevin

No Mastercraft, no :)... I'll just get an 18 footer similar to what I have with a 150hp motor, tower for skiing, etc.

We've been really happy with it for sure, but as the kids get bigger we need to carry more people, etc, so the extra horsepower is becoming a necessity.

A friend has a ranger walleye boat, 20 footer...if money wasn't an issue...:)

Thanks for the help!

The best thing about getting bigger is they should be putting some gas in the rig soon. As soon as they can kick in a few bucks it's coincidental they don't want to go out wakeboarding with the old guy anymore.

No Mastercraft, no :)... I'll just get an 18 footer similar to what I have with a 150hp motor, tower for skiing, etc.

We've been really happy with it for sure, but as the kids get bigger we need to carry more people, etc, so the extra horsepower is becoming a necessity.

A friend has a ranger walleye boat, 20 footer...if money wasn't an issue... :)

Thanks for the help!

Cosmetic damage can sometimes have a major effect on pricing. A few scrapes and scratches are to be expected .... but if it has anything beyond that, you might look at the cost of having that repaired. Depending how extensive the damage is, you might spend a few bucks up front, but wind up being able to sell it for more when you're done. People will pay more for a boat that looks mint. Whether it's worth it or not depends how bad the scrapes are, and how worried you are about getting as much as possible for it.

I know a guy who would buy used boats in the US, bring them back here then clean them up, give them new paint and carpet, then sell them for a huge profit. We fell out of touch after I left the fishing business, but I woudln't be surprised if he's still doing it. You would see them before and after and think wow, massive difference.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie