A Three Hour Tour

Rich

Had big plans to hit a new lake, big boat, on thursday we havent been to this year. Got all the stuff ready then buddy txts at 6am he only has til noon to fish. After the usual slow start we decided to hit a local 'backyard' pond instead with the inflatable. It ended up we had three hours to fish.

Buddy was just slamming fish on a mini buzzbait for the first hour or so. I thought I was having a lapse of bad karma as my full size buzzbait only caught two very small bass.

Two hours into the day I've had enough and say lets start flipping the offshore deeper weed beds. Drop a flippin jig into a hole and instantly get a 1pounder. Maybe I have the ticket now! Well no, bites were slow .. almost non existent. With about a half hour to go I flip my jig into a pocket in 12 fow and it sinks about 8 inches and stops . I go to rip my bait out of the weeds and it shoots off sideways, fish on! A short tussle and I was very surprised when this fish surfaced beside the boat.

1069224_10151782619432146_304849818_n_zp

That's the third fish over 5 I've landed this year, I got a horseshoe stuck somewhere I prefer not to mention I think!

Rich,

I've read where you can have a horseshoe surgically removed, then transplanted to an individual in need of some luck. Nice lunker kiddo.

How did you make out with the Eagle inflatable people?

JD

Thank you sir!

That is the new hull they sent im sitting on in the pic. I had the wrong hull the first time, my floorboards didnt fit and stressed the seam. That was very apparent when I pulled the new boat out and didn't have to swanton bomb the floorboards in just to get them down. Lol

New hull works great!