Finally gonna do St. Clair

Rizzo

Finally going to try St Clair for musky tomorrow, but don't have a clue where to start. Was either going to launch somewhere at the mouth of belle river or somewhere at the mouth of the thames. Then I was going to drive around randomly hoping to fluke into a fish! If someone wants to offer up a good place to launch or any other info it would be appreciated.

Never fished there in the summer Roger so can't help you with fishing locations, but for boat ramps, the one at the pier in Belle River is definitely your better choice if you end up going to that area.

thanks lew. one vote for belle river means as it stands now I'll head in that direction. Pain in the butt to learn new water, especially one that big, but will be satisfying if I can can find one willing combatant. The boat is full of gas so I'm ready to put on a few kms!

yes going to troll. Taking a guy out who has never caught a musky, and is a little tender because he just had his large intestine removed a couple weeks ago. Figured go for a nice boat ride and if I can get him his first musky it would make his day.

hey thanks outlaw. Didn't see your advice until now....but we did end our day doing exactly that. We only spent maybe half an hour west of belle river, but I did manage to lose a 44 incher (or so) over there. Rest of the day was spent east of belle river