Grand River fishing

super dave

I got a day with my nephew tomorrow and was thinking of taking him fishing at a local reservoir. we have done this a few times but thinking I might try something new like fishing the grand from a kayak. I've never gone here before. Can someone tell me if there is a good place to launch from and take out? i'll probably just call a cab to get back to put in.

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

I agree the Grand is a large body of water. The lower Grand, down river of Dunnville has been a washout this year for fishing, with all the rain it is like chocolate milk. I haven't heard of any fish of note being caught yet. I wouldn't bother down here.

I think there are a lot of bowfin down there. They are probably one of the coolest fish imo and I'd love to catch more of them, but I guess a lot of people on here would probably disagree lol

launch at Glen Morris, run down to Paris. Takes 2 - 4 hours depending on where and how often you stop (and the wind). Easy stretch and no special regs. Done it many a time and had a blast.

that's the stretch we do couple times a year, some real good smallie spots and as mentioned no regs. Cabs are at the lot by the dam and will run $22 back to Glen Morris. I prefer this section to the Paris-Brantford section.