Goldfish?

xrap

We were driving threw Waterdown today and we were on a road that was surround by forest(can't remember which road). So as were driving it's pitch black and we didn't notice no lake or creek on the gps but we keep seeing a glare coming from there, so we pulled over. We walk into the forest with our flashlights and reach a marssh. We point the flashlight in the whats his name and we see goldfish. Tones of them too. Everywhere you shine your light into the marssh you would see them and behidn the whats marssh we noticed there was a little creek or something, It was to hard to see because there was abosolutley no light except the light we were getting from the flashlights. It's kinda strange first time I ever seen goldfish in a marssh. And The funny thing is it was in the middle of nowhere basically. If anyone lives in Waterdown or knows about this goldfish marssh, can you please share the story?

Edited by xrap

hmmm... I know grindstone ck goes through waterdown... and have seen some swamps around that closer to the lake... I too am inteerested... Was it north or south of hwy 5 and east or west of "downtown"

We were jsut driving threw waterdown and the sign said hiden lake so we were looking for a lake to go fishing at on the weekend or something so We were going straight and see no lake no nothing so after like 10 left turns we got to that road and stopped to see what the glare from the forest was. So yea basically I have no idea where in waterdown it was. I should looked at the road name or something.. Dam stupid me.

I have seen them in Lake Erie, some pretty good sized ones, a few pounds. We have seen them there since we were kids, just guessing escapees from flooded ponds, or people releasing them when they tired of them.

Most if not all are a member of the carp family? My brother has used them for bait in Lake Erie, small ones, they work, pretty hard for them to blend in with their surroundings. Never saw a small one in Lake Erie, I think they get found and eaten pretty quickly. In a shallow whats his name without predators?

I am familiar with the area.... Unfortunately for you though hidden lake has Zero Tolerance for Tresspassing and if you are caught in there there are really heavy fines and penalties... Sorry about that, but just wanted to give you a heads up... as well if you are looking at walking in there and risking charges there is quicksand around many parts of the lake