Trokar Slow Death Hooks

For those of you that run slow death, this hook is a vast improvement over the Mustad hook. The crawler spins better, the worm is easier to thread onto the hook and stays in place better when fished thanks to a barb on the shaft, and the hook is sharper and keeps it's edge longer.

thanks for the info doubleheader !!! thats what i hear,i have not tried them but i have had success with the mustad,but yes the worm will slip on them and i was looking at the new trokkar and now i will buy some and try them for sure !!!! tight-lines....

Is this hook actually called the Eagle Claw TroKar Re-Volve Rotational Hook? I would think that Mustad would have a patent on the Slow Death name. Want to make sure I'm buy the right one. ;) Thanks for the tip!

That's the one. I like the Size 2. They aren't cheap but they last 2x.

Interesting how this presentation has evolved. Many people now fish them quite a bit with small (3mm) plastic beads for color as well as with beads and smile blades for extra flash. If you want a little bit of wiggle you can manipulate the smile blade to achieve the desired action. A couple beads on a hook seems to be an ideal early season alternative, then as the water warms you can speed up and get reaction bites using plastics on slow death. We did very well last year on the Mad River plastic worms in pink on a slow death hook. It's a small profile poured worm and it spins well.

Do you guys fish these like you would a harness? I haven't tried slow death for walleyes, but something tells me I should.

Typically you're going a little slow, like .5-.9 mph. But yes, most run them off bottom bouncers. Because they are almost buoyancy neutral you can run longer leaders and go pretty slow. Best time IMHO is before the eyes are really willing to chase down something going faster, but like I said, the whole presentation is evolving from where it started as a below a dam immitation of a wounded baitfish moving downstream in a death spiral to something that is fairly akin to a harness presentation. In our lake it has worked very well, and we seem to get better than average fish with this technique vs harnesses.

Interesting how this presentation has evolved. Many people now fish them quite a bit with small (3mm) plastic beads for color as well as with beads and smile blades for extra flash. If you want a little bit of wiggle you can manipulate the smile blade to achieve the desired action. A couple beads on a hook seems to be an ideal early season alternative, then as the water warms you can speed up and get reaction bites using plastics on slow death. We did very well last year on the Mad River plastic worms in pink on a slow death hook. It's a small profile poured worm and it spins well.

That is the deadly combo the pink Mad River worms....anyone fishing LOTW is missing fish not fishing this setup.

Slow death is a day saver epecially late summer early fall period with alot of changing weather.

As far as the worm falling down I find if I leave a 1/4" tag end in the knot and slide the worm up over that it acts as a good keeper.