Fly in trip question

Hud

buddy of mine and I are looking at doing our first ever fly in trip. We both live east of TO and are looking for something remote but North East ON. Anyone had any good experiences or make any recomendations? I don't just want to google a place and decide from that. any feedback of where to go or where not to go would be appreciated.

like to target walleye, pike and smallies mostly but wouldnt turn down laker action :)

I'd really like to go somewhere remote and not run into a lot (or any) people.

thanks!

You might want to consider one of Kesagami's outpost cabins. They have several small lakes with cabins on them. I've been to two of these, fishing was smaller walleyes and pike, but lots of them and the cabin, boats & outboards were all in good shape. It's a nice intro to fly-ins without having to really rough it. You'll most likely have an entire lake to yourself.

If you're looking to get away from other people, I'd avoid their main camp, which tends to be a pretty busy place.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Where ever you choose be sure to ask if the lake is landlocked. Was up in the Longlac area years ago and came across a group that had flown in. They couldn't figure out how we got there as they didn't hear a plane. We drove in one of the Kimberly Clark logging roads. They weren't too happy to find out they weren't the only one fishing the lake and the lake wasn't as remote as advertised. We dropped,them off a 24 the next day

Edited by Old Ironmaker

thanks gents I've done remote up about 5 hours NW of Thunder bay and was thinking fly in might be in order :) good heads up on land locked. We had a similar experience where we met some guys that had flown in and they were upset that we found a much cheaper way into the lake :)

What do you consider NE Ontario? East of Nipigon?

Plenty of popular outfitters in NE Ontario.

Air Ivanhoe

Hearst Air

Hawk Air

Park's Fly-In Fishing

Forde Lake Air - Services Linbarr Lake Adventures and Buck/Bingwood Cabins (they opened two "new" outposts this year that were purchased from Olivier's Outfitters)

Johnston's Outpost Camps

Air-Dale

True North Air

North to Adventure/White River Air

There are also just as many popular outfitters flying out of Nakina as well.

I suggest searching this forum and some others (most customers are American) for info on specific outfitters and lakes.

I would recommend Air ivanhoe out of Foleyet On,i have done several fly ins with this outfitter and have never been dissapointed lakes that i would suggest are Shawmere Katagi or Lemoine,with that being said we have decided to change things up this year and will be flying into the Chapleau Game preserve and fishing Abbey Lake with Parks fly in fishing any reports that i have read on the forum about Parks has been positive so i am realy looking forward to this trip,what ever outfitter you choose good luck and have a great trip.

Cheers Mitch..

I would recommend White River Air, they are only 3.5 hours north of Sault Ste. Marie, ON. They fly a Turbine Otter and a Beaver. They have remote lakes that include walleye, Pike , Brook Trout and Lake Trout. They have split trips between 2 lakes. Some of the cabins have hot and cold running showers and flush toilets and some that are rustic. They also have rested lakes that my sit up to 10 years without being fished. If you want to be on your own private lake with top of the line service and great fishing I would definitely go again with White River Air.

N.E. Ontario...

Yeah... Cochrane Air Services Kesagami Lake would get a vote, maybe Nettogami and Edgar as well. As would Hearst Air for the Attawapiskat and Napken Lake. True North for Kesagami is time-share now, you'd have to arrange your own charter in. Otherwise, up the eastern James Bay Highway on the Quebec side might lead to some amazing fishing in remote places as well... drive times similar I'd imagine.