A good customer service story

kickingfrog

My wife and I bought a new sectional sofa at Sears Home Store a month ago. It was delivered a week ago but since we had some renos going on we asked the delivery guys to not take the packaging off. Today the renos were finished so I unwrapped the sectional pieces. Try as I might I could not get the pieces to fit in a way that made sense to me. We figure one of the end pieces must be the wrong one.

Head to Sears and it turns out that there should have been another piece that we needed for the configuration that we wanted but the sales person didn't include it on our bill. A manager says sorry and the missing, unbilled, piece will be delivered this Saturday. No charge. On sale, this piece is $699 plus tax, plus delivery.

We are very happy customers and will shop there again.

That must one big missing piece for $699.00. I wouldn't want to be the guy that sold it to you. The manager must be really happy with them.

Surprisingly the piece isn't that big. :dunno:

We were thinking the same thing about the sales person. It was a bit confusing because it was a sectional that we needed to get the mirror image of the floor model.

New house, new boat, new furniture, fairly new kids.... your doing well Rob!

Good story... I bet theyll be seeing you again.

It's easy, just throw the bills in the garbage when they some in. :w00t: And anyway the house and the boat were used. :wacko:

And we will be shopping there again, once we pay for some of this stuff. I need a "man's" recliner and a tv for the rec room. I saw a video of a recliner that has a keg in the bag and the beer cup fills up from the arm of the chair, but that's what kids are for no?

Found the video:

http://gizmodo.com/5988791/i-cant-wait-to-sit-in-this-chair-thatll-fill-up-my-beer-from-the-bottom