~~What Wallpaper Pic are you viewing

oldphart

rjbirdeegar.jpg

It was our Xmas card too... :clapping:

RJ

I don't blame you for re using that one RJ!!!! If I ever go out for those gar and catch one like that, the picture would be my Christmas card, screen saver, and back window picture on my pickup. Absolutely gorgeous fish.

Not sure why, but I never use any real photos for my desktop. I prefer some bizarre image that shows my desktop icons well. Either something very dark or something very light. Dark does a better job. How often do you look at your desktop anyways?

My current two fav's for the past couple of weeks.

[/url]">http://1359012702025_zps7934a5a7.jpg

[/url]">http://1360987859267_zps4e7bb972.jpg

I don't blame you for re using that one RJ!!!! If I ever go out for those gar and catch one like that, the picture would be my Christmas card, screen saver, and back window picture on my pickup. Absolutely gorgeous fish.

Thanks, they're a wicked fish for sure.

The story behind my wallpaper is somewhat "deep" :)

My dad passed last year in the spring, and one of the father/son things we still found time to do, was play in our golf league every summer. Well, it was only a few weeks that had gone by since i lost him and it was time to make the decision whether or not to play on without him, as i knew it would be tough getting out on the course without dad by my side.

So day one of the league was upon me and i had decided he wouldnt want me to just pack it in. Sooooo, as i headed to the course that day, i literally drove thru terrential downpours on the way. Knowing we probably would be forfitting the first outing to weather. (we had to show up regardless to pay dues for the season) The rain slowed as i got closer to the course, and by the time i got out of my truck, there was a break in the clouds and within a few minutes more i was presented with blue patches of sky, and a rainbow from dad. Ive never been a very spiritual guy, but this blew me away and Im sure it was a sign from my dad who was looking down, and with a little help.........shed this amazing backdrop on myself and the rest of the group. We all kinda soaked it in for a minute, looked at each other knowing what we were all thinking........and headed toward the first tee box. Its a moment and an image that will never leave me

IMG_2294_zps4a6dd81b.jpg

My main PC runs 4 monitors. The image IS lined up across my desk, printscreen shows the up/down adjustments i've made to get it straight. I'm like another poster who likes uncluttered, simple backgrounds so icons are easy to find until i clutter it up with 300 overlapping files.

-freemantle on the left, rocky point on the right.

UNTITLED.jpg