Zone 17 PIKE Lakes

Cloudy15

Does anyone know a Good Lakes in Zone 17 for pike?

Was planning a trip to the trent this Saturday but the high waters are making that difficult

It would have to be a lake that has boat rentals as well.

Two hours or less from toronto would be Ideal, but this is not an ideal world we live in.

Any Help would be great!

Thanks a lot

Bret

PS I never mind trading fishing tips for poker tips (my Job)

Canal, Mitchell, Balsam

yes just to name a few !!! but he wants boat rental as well,and thats a little bit more difficult,i would go where irishfield says,that outfitter has boats all tied to the dock and ready to go...and you will have a chance at alot bigger pike than in the lakes mentioned above !!! just sayin

Boss is right, Canal Mitchell, and Balsam all have great pike fishing, with the chance of getting a 40" plus fish. Balsam has boat rentals in Coboconk and Rosedale, just do a Google search. Just make sure you are prepared to identify and release any Tigers or Muskie quickly, with as little damage as possible.

I already wrote this in a post about a week ago. Percy boom haven is a lodge just beside Campbellford, its a bay at the end of trent and holds crazy amount of pike. Definitely my fav pike waters. They also rent boats at $75/day with fuel included. Just a heads up, might want to call and make sure they have their boats ready to go because they didnt when i was there last weekend. Spinnerbaits take the majority of pike caught there. Look for weed beds in about 4-8 FOW and i guarantee you do great! Good luck!

Balsam is good, you can catch on the river there.

Canal lake you have have to leave your lure selection open ended. You never never what will hit. If you go with a gut shot, you could still flop a beast on your deck.

Mitchell, is close to Balsam, actually stringed together. Not alot of fish, but you can still catch if your lucky. No real value bet there IMO

Crowe is a great option to, if you go all in you could set into a monster if you pick your time right.

If your set early and hit a turn before the river, your laughing.

Edited by Harrison