Carping Hammy Harbor

Uncle Buck

I`ve seen couple of posts of carp being cought around Lake O and Grand River.

I`ve had most success fishing for carp late in the summer, starting mid august.

Good luck if you end up going out

Hey Uncle Buck...

Bly and I have posted a thread about carping in Lake O....below is a link. We also fish mostly at night, so this will give you an idea of what you can expect! The area where they are congregating is in shallow water....maybe 4 to 5 feet deep...so I'm sure the daytime heating is what draws them there. Where we are, they are VERY active at night...HUGE splashes of water...seeing them moving around etc...

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry68062

Over the last week ther have been a few more caught around rivermouths - west end lake ontario. Would expect the harbour to be a little ahead of the main lake. Had 2 takes on Sunday but none landed.

I was chasing crappies down near the dicovery center a couple weeks ago and seen a huge dead carp must of been around 30-35lbs. So they are there but I don't know about the fishing. They are hitting in the grand tho.

They have started but not as good as it will be soon. We were out last weekend and landed a few. One at 33.5 lbs.

Once they start, they will go hard. We are going into the best ime of the year.

Good luck tonight,

Jackel.

Goran (or anyone else west end of the lake)

I plan to be out on Sunday as well, Haven't picked a spot as yet. Maybe try something new. If you're want to hook up PM me. I'm loaded with ground bait and maize and have an extra bite alarm on the rod holder.

Have tried Bronte for last few nights and wind has pushed the mud line back in the river and shut down any fishing.