Carping @ the Grand

Victor

Hi everyone!

it's been a while since i have a report-worthy outing. Spent two hours at the Grand after school today for some carp action. I started targetting them late last year and before today's outing ... my PB was a 5lber lol. Here are the pics ...

first of the day - 3-4lb range ... for some reason i always catch the tiny ones that no one's able to catch lol

IMG_3313.jpg

and here's my new pb ... a 12lber according to my berkley scale ... i've never handled a fish this size before so i'm struggling alittle ... you can see it on my face

IMG_3315.jpg

i just looked back at my fishing log ... these are my 6th, and 7th carp and i've gone out more than 20 times since i started targetting them. Sometimes it is frustrating but i can't be any happier today. Just want to take this opportunity to thank a few OFNer who has helped me alot - Photoz, Wolfville, MJL and Dsn.

i read Snog's post regarding "blurring photographs" but i think it's unnecessery since we have a healthy carp fishery and there aren't that many people who keep them anyway. If anyone would prefer these pics to be "blurred", please let me know.

to end off the report ... i'll show you guys what's a tiny carp haha ... it was caught when i went sucker-fishing 3 weeks earlier ...

IMG_3278.jpg

Nice fish Vic, and congrats on the PB. Doesn't matter what size they are, those carp are fun to catch. If anything the smaller ones are much more pleasing to look at than those big fat ones that dsn, MJL, Photoz etc catch LOL Well that's my excuse for catching the small ones only :D

Nice looking carp, My buddy Jackel was out this past weekend on the St.Lawrence and he got a 33lbder. He also went tonight to Dows lake but not sure how he did. I really want to get out and try for these apparently when you get a big one they just take off and you hold on hoping he doesnt spool you. As for blurring pics, I certainly wont be.

Definitely not a crucian carp golfisher. Caught a few Crucians in the UK and they look different - particularly the mouth as they feed up in the water rather than on the bottom like the common carp do the majority of the time.

Edited by OO7

yeah it's not a big fish for sure ... but it gave me a great fight ... i really wonder what a 30lber would do lol ...

golfisher: i don't think it's a crucian neither ... here's a closer look

IMG_3280.jpg

yeah it's not a big fish for sure ... but it gave me a great fight ... i really wonder what a 30lber would do lol ...

golfisher: i don't think it's a crucian neither ... here's a closer look

IMG_3280.jpg

Definitely not a Crucian. Crucians are generally more round and they have no barbels.

hee hee :clapping: 12lber' you're getting there. :lol: Let's hope you break your record this year.

I'd still block out eh background unless you want your fishing place trashed. :huh: That's even worse that people taking fish or envaded your fishing spot.

dsn

Edited by dsn

Nice work Victor. The Grand is a great place to fish for all kinds of different fish. Don't blur your backrounds, it ruins a perfectly good picture. If people don't want to show where they fish they don't have to put pics in with their reports. Personally I think this site is great for sharing information and learning from each other. It isn't some bragging board. Look at me and what I caught but don't ask where or how because I won't tell. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime. You shouldn't be hard to recognize with that hairstyle.

Great job on the new PB!!! Dont think of it as getting a small carp...think of it as a warm up to the MONSTER that I predict you'll catch this year!! Dont know about the fight of a 30 pounder, but I know a 20 pounder is fun....takes lots of drag....arm hurts by the time you get it close to shore. No need to explain, cause I know my prediction will come true!

wolfville: the GPS coordinates is ... 44.123456 80.98765 ... i don't have a GPS unit so that's a guess. Good Luck. haha

dsn: i'm sure there are some bigger ones in there ...

jediangler: i'm studying at UWaterloo this summer so i'll be fishing the kitchener/Loo area quite alot... maybe we can get together some day?

ccmt: thanks :) i was soo jealous when you and bly caught those all those carp ... i have gone out soo many times with nothing ...