Little Lake - Barrie

fisherman7

Ok heres a short history on Little lake for me.

One weekend back in 1983,my first youngest brother asked if I wanted to go to said lake. It was late July.,Bass and pike were open. He had been there a week before and said it was a fun lake to fish. So off we were, early that saturday morning. Arrive,at the park . There were about 12 tinnies,and 4 pontoons,with hoods/covers.We took a tinny for our outing. I let him tour me around the lake as he had been there before I. Being brought up all my young life then on top water for bass,i had a black hulla hopper,tied to my only rod i brought.(it wasnt til I fished bass tourneys,I didnt know I needed to have a dozen or so on the boat)

This day turned out to be so exciting. We fished the shoreline and pads. (again,brought up this way) Just a great day we had catching . The bass were huge. Well they were.3-4 lb largies. Thought we were bass pros.LOL

That day was a great day of fishing. We made plans,to go again in two weeks.

Ah heres where a great memory comes out of me.I still LMAO

My first son was 3 yoa. I told the mrs I was taking him fishing til noon with my brother.We would be back by dinner time.

This time we didnt rent a tinny,we rented a pontoon. With a roof/cover. We had a portable bbq to make hotdogs and a cooler full of kiddie stuff. .

I was very carefull with my young lad. I took the car seat out and secured it to the picnic table that was on the pontoon, I even had a PFD for him.

It was a great day spent with my brother and son. Catching fish,listening to my son laugh.It was a super day That was til I,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ran out of diapers. OK,Need to head home.

So we reel up and,head to shore and head for home,before the next one is used up..Back then,we didnt have a cell,well maybe there was,but we didnt have them.

When I got home,I had wished we stayed longerThe mrs,s wasnt to pleased. But what women is when yer late,and have their first born out fishing..

Since that day and the others back then,that lake has fished amazingly with all the pressure it has has over the years. Here we are,2013 and I still catch the same amount of fish I did back in the day with my brother and young son.

Lets hope it fishes the same,many years from here.

Edited by Misfish