Lakes with crown land?

backwoodslover

Hey! I was wondering if anyone knows of any GOOD lakes with crown land for camping this summer? I'm not too picky about location but possibly northern ontario area?

​ preferably with good fishing and not a whole lot of other people on the lake as we prefer some peace and quiet, also not too big of a lake as we are going to be using just the canoe this year.

I camped on Loom Lake, and Wesltemkoon lake last summer. Both were awesome! Loom lake was nicer in terms of peace and serenity BUT the fishing there was minimal. Westlemkoon certainly had more to explore and better fishing and I'd go there again in a heartbeat if I had a boat with a little motor on it haha.

I enjoy "roughing it" I dont want a sissy camp with showers and plumbing and so on. Just crown land, with good fishing. there must be some good places that I have yet to learn of :)

9 Mile Lake near P sound has lots of small bass at least. I didn't catch any big ones, but they must be in there.

If you put in on Harris Lake you can paddle a long way on the Magnetawan. Not sure about the fishing but as you get further away from the put in there is very little fishing pressure.

Primo has a nice camping spot with a beach, or you could stop at Carpenter, Ward is nice, decent specs, Lac Cherrie has specs and lakers Hubert is good but a bit further, White lake has lots of spots but you need a boat to get to them, Hilltop is good but as the name implies....

List them ALL goodness gracious I'm desperate here,

Edited by Dara

I would tell you all of my quiet, peacefull crown land camping sites on an open forum... But then they would no longer be quiet and peacefull anymore!

Get your feet on the ground and find some sites.. Use the LIO link. A little research. Trust me, there are thousands of crown land campsites in Ontario. Way more then most people think.

Edited by N.A.W

We go every year to Big Gull Lake first week of June. Lake is 85% crown land. I don't know what it's like after that. Camp resorts look after the crown land camping spots, lots are on Islands. We fish for eater size Walleye, but you have to work for them. Lake is near Kaladar. We stay at Kirk Kove Cottages.

I would tell you all of my quiet, peacefull crown land camping sites on an open forum... But then they would no longer be quiet and peacefull anymore!

Get your feet on the ground and find some sites.. Use the LIO link. A little research. Trust me, there are thousands of crown land campsites in Ontario. Way more then most people think.

Agreed. What I posted was just a small sample. We've been camping on crown land for years. Much less crowded than Algon although, to be fair, Algon has more wild life.

Agreed. What I posted was just a small sample. We've been camping on crown land for years. Much less crowded than Algon although, to be fair, Algon has more wild life.

Well I suppose if I didn't work ten days on, two days off I'd have the time to "get out and explore" but seeing as time is a bit of an issue to just drive 4 hours out of the way to explore land, I need help from people who know first hand whats out there. I have one week off this summer to explore/camp and despite extensive research I still like hearing from people good places to go. That way I don't show up somewhere only to find out im S.O.L

So thank you to all those who posted examples :) it is greatly greatly appreciated

Well I suppose if I didn't work ten days on, two days off I'd have the time to "get out and explore" but seeing as time is a bit of an issue to just drive 4 hours out of the way to explore land, I need help from people who know first hand whats out there. I have one week off this summer to explore/camp and despite extensive research I still like hearing from people good places to go. That way I don't show up somewhere only to find out im S.O.L

So thank you to all those who posted examples :) it is greatly greatly appreciated

Want to know something worse? Driving 4 hours to your crown land campsite on your 1 and only week off. And having you campsite already occupied by someone else. Because they herd about it on an open forum.

If you have a specific area in mind, fire me a PM. There's a good chance I will be able to help you out.