Port Dalhousie - May 9th - Great season opener!!!

I know...I know...I haven't been posting reports since ice out time on Simcoe but I promise to correct this in very short order ;-) Finally got my boat on the water and what a day I had...waoooo...

OK here it goes ...started fishing about 7:30am...missed the first one about 9am...first fish in the boat at 10 am… nice King at 7 Lbs.

Second one was a shaker - 4 Lbs Coho 20 min later.

IMGA1914.jpg

Then missed two more ...

Right when I was about to leave the show started....and it was a SHOW let me tell you!!!

At one point I had double header with two fish on two rods and me alone in the boat...good thing I had just spooled brand new 30 Lbs. Power pro...Let one fish go for a run and kept reeling in loose line from time to time while fighting the other one on the other rod at the same time.

20 min later I had twins Kings at 9.5Lbs each.

IMGA1912.jpg

As soon as I reset my lines bammmm...the fish of the day....16.5 Lbs King...officially weighted on the scale at the fish and game club.

IMGA1911.jpg

At this time I felt like I could get in to few more double headers as I finally found them. They were right under the boat and there was no one near me.

But it was time to head back, so I can do an hour worth of work today;-)

IMGA1915.jpg

So, beautiful day on the water...first 4 hours very calm nor a ripple on the water...but tons of flies everywhere...then light breeze came out and scare the flies away. Nice start of my boat season. Now on to Simcoe opener for some lakers/whities ;-)

Opsss...almost forgot...fished in 200-265 fow, 35-65 feet down. All fish came on my new riggers. 20-30 feet of line behind the ball. 2.0-2.4 mph.

NK spoons only - purple/black, blue/white and fire tiger.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Right on... :clapping: ...well done,great report & pics,nothing like the feeling of a big king on . :w00t: ...glad you got out on the big pond today,and dont you love it when you have the whole place to yourself,and the fish are biting.....thanks for sharing cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I hope you saved some for the rest of us!

Wow, I hadn't planned on going back to Port D for a while but I may... maybe... what are you doing on the long weekend?

-Brian

Brian, what else could I be doing but fishing?;-)) :Gonefishing: The only thing I am not sure is....Simcoe of Lake O. :thumbsup_anim:

Way to go buddy.....Glad to see everything got installed and works good.....We'll do that Simcoe thing next week.....Just call ahead.......TC and tight lines.....Chuck....

Chevy,

I'll give you a call next week.....few days ahead for sure.

Good Job Emil,

200-265 of water... just curious, how come you decided to fish that deep?

I don't think i've ever fished them that deep

Awesome job on the fish

Uncle Buck.

I was where the fish is....and so were the other boats.

I've done same thing last year in more then 330 fow.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman