pike are lockjawed...

damnit fibliegimblefum*(&^% another day out another day skunked :( ride down $1 . 85, ferry over $3.50, catching a pike: IMPOSSIBLE, went to the island with my step dad today, we worked a whole stretch along a breakwall, and nothing, not a follow, no hope :( been out on monday also along the waterfront, same result, i have concluded after having been skunked t.o piking in 15 straight outings, t.o piking SUCKS, lol, nah , just gonna take a break now, off to bed i go :sleeping_02:

LOL Urbanangler....I know the feeling. Most nights when bly and I head out for walleye, we are skunked. It's quite frustrating!!! After we each got on in mid October last year, we went out probably 4 to 5 nights a week...and went 5 weeks without so much as a nibble. Then it took off...catching one after the other....Dont worry, your time is coming...and my prediction is some monster pike is in your future!

Took me at least 20 trips before I caught any. If you put in the time you will be rewarded. It costs me 6 bucks for the ferry and another 6-10 for parking!

RJ

Edited by theRJ

Northern Pike...the new fish of 10,000 casts

If something isn't working, try something else. Don't just keep that xrap on there. Try slow, try fast, try shallow, try deep, go with something that looks ridiculous like a red devil spoon that casts a mile and can be fished at any depth and virtually any speed, bounce a jig off bottom...eventually you'll find the meal ticket

Don't worry Urbanangler, you'll get them soon. Same thing happened to me last night down there - no pike caught, though I did hook one but lost it. Better luck next time.

On top of getting out more, you can always try to do one of 2 things

1. Become more religious

or

2. Make a deal with the devil for better results

At least you're only paying student rates. For adults, it really adds up FAST.