Cedar Waxwing

Joey

Ya Dave, somebody already pointed that out to me. Thanks. They are very similar. What surprised me was these were quite large and from the descriptions I have read, after being shown the difference color wise, they were certainly larger than what the Cedar Waxwing description shows. Maybe they're fat cedars :)

Size is tough to use as a field mark, especially with waxwings. It's really only useful if you see them side-by-side, or next to something very familiar (Robin, backyard feeder) On average, Cedars are slimmer than Bohemians, unless they are puffing up their feathers to stay warm.

Nice shootin Joey

Love the pic of the one in flight.

Thats professional material.

What camera do u use if u dont mind me asking, I have used an old t70 canon with zoom, fish eye etc.

Takes great shots but looking for something I could use with the internet.

My father was an airplane mechanic but was hooked on fishing and photography, he used to do his own developing etc.

One Christmas gift I still remember him giving me was "The joy of ..........no not that one, the other one photography lol. Still have it as well as an old vinyl u could play with the songs of different birds. Then the book would help u id which is which.

Nice shootin Joey

Love the pic of the one in flight.

Thats professional material.

What camera do u use if u dont mind me asking, I have used an old t70 canon with zoom, fish eye etc.

Takes great shots but looking for something I could use with the internet.

My father was an airplane mechanic but was hooked on fishing and photography, he used to do his own developing etc.

One Christmas gift I still remember him giving me was "The joy of ..........no not that one, the other one photography lol. Still have it as well as an old vinyl u could play with the songs of different birds. Then the book would help u id which is which.

Thanks!!

I use the Canon T2i with a Canon Zoom lens 100-400mm EF. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Canon 60D right now so I can keep the big lens on the 60D and the smaller lens on the T2i and don't have to keep switching around!

Once again some high quality photos to be proud of Joey. I never was one to identify birds and am impressed by those who can. Where I grew up we had 2 species of birds, the black variety and those that were brown. Honest to goodness story. finally got outdoors other on than a football field when I was about 22, were out on a golfcourse and asked my buddy, " Mario what kind of bird is that on the fence?" which one?, " the black one with the red wings", I swear.

Once again some high quality photos to be proud of Joey. I never was one to identify birds and am impressed by those who can. Where I grew up we had 2 species of birds, the black variety and those that were brown. Honest to goodness story. finally got outdoors other on than a football field when I was about 22, were out on a golfcourse and asked my buddy, " Mario what kind of bird is that on the fence?" which one?, " the black one with the red wings", I swear.

:lol::lol:

I thought my photo skills were pretty good but they pale in comparison to you.

Do u do any professional work, if not u should

How far were u from the birds.

Do u sit in a blind lol.

What speed were u shooting for the spread wing shot.

WHEN ARE U GOING TO MAKE A NATURE CALLENDER , I will buy the first one as long as its autographed :clapping: , oh yea happy birthday in advance :lol:

I thought my photo skills were pretty good but they pale in comparison to you.

Do u do any professional work, if not u should

How far were u from the birds.

Do u sit in a blind lol.

What speed were u shooting for the spread wing shot.

WHEN ARE U GOING TO MAKE A NATURE CALLENDER , I will buy the first one as long as its autographed :clapping: , oh yea happy birthday in advance :lol:

Not professional no, unfortunately I have a full-time job that keeps me from doing that ;)

The info on the wing spread shot was:

• Focal: 400mm
  • Shutter speed: 0.0005 sec
  • Aperture: f/5.6
  • ISO: 250

And once again, as usual, it was overcast and gloomy out. I can't seem to catch a break on that :(

Edited by Joey