What Navionics Chip To Buy ?

Fish Farmer

i have all the ones you mentioned,and i think the hot maps gives the best detail on my lowrance units,but the fish n chip for the great lakes was awesome too,but they still need to add more lakes...i use the hotmaps the most if im on lakes that are covered by the map....

Thanks guys. I'm thinking trading my chip for the gold chip, they say it has the great lakes and the Kawarthas trent system.

It's a shame they don't have a chip that just covers all of Ont. Went to their site and their site caters to the U.S. Some video's of the Canadian chips would be nice.

Edited by Fish Farmer

When i bought my sonar unit about a month or so ago, i was looking to upgrade the navionics chip but was told that there was going to be a new one coming out soon for all of ontario as long as the water system has been charted. Im not sure when the release date for that is going to be.

I just picked up a Platinum+ card but haven't had a chance to use it yet. That is the chip I was advised to buy for my style of fishing and where I fish.

If you do decide to change cards, please let me know. I need another card and the fish n chip would suit me ok.

What unit are you going to be using it on? Not all will run platinum+ or in some cases it will be very slow. But most of the maps mentioned will still have the same problem with viewing all the contour depths on a small screen. The Lowrance hds gen2 have dual processors and run the high detailed charts very well. If you have seen the mapping with selectable depth ranges high lighted in different colours, that feature is exclusive to humminbird and lake master charts. Lake master charts are only available for US lakes in the mid-west. I hope this helps. If you have more questions feel free to pm me.

As for the new navionics chips, the new chips coming out will have nothing on them with a built in key to down load up to 2g's in data( I believe 2g is the number I was quote but don't hold me to that) and then the user will go to the navionics website and down load the charts that they want. So you can create your own custom chip for the waters you fish. Great idea, long over due!

• 2 months later...

That chart is now available. It is called Navionics+ (http://www.navionics.com/en/navionicsplus). You download onto the chip chart areas anywhere in Canada and the US. So you can get inland lakes, Great Lakes and all coastal waters combined. This is Gold and HotMaps Premium together.

Is Mattagami south of timmins on it?i see the lake there but when i scroll in it says no data.?