Stunning Lake of Bays Trout!

Slayingm

After a awesome day on Simcoe for Jumbo Perch Sat I was up on a trip this past Sunday on Lake of Bays targeting Lake Trout. It was a beautiful sunny day and as typical with late season action (and 'blue bird' conditions), the bite was very lite! In order to level the field and up the odds in the 'catching' department finesse strategies were in order for sure!

All fish were caught with light action 32" rods and ultra-light reels spooned with Sufix 4lb Ghost braid with 3lb Sufix castable fluorocarbon leads and small Luhr Jensen Crocodile spoons tipped with a small minnow or just 1/2 a minnow did the trick.

We caught fish in 50 to 85 ft of water with deeper water being more productive as the day progressed. The fish in this lake are not only delicious but have some of the most brilliant awesome markings in many of the northern lakes I fish.
LOB-50_zps173ccfef.jpg

Be Safe and Good Fish'n, Greg

Greg I got skunked this morning BUT seeing the pictures of your trout just made my afternoon, now if I could just figure out how to fry them up LOL

Used to get some nice eaters down the bay from the Dwight town docks,,mmmmmmmmmm good

Thanks for sharing looked like an awesome day. :clapping:

Greg I got skunked this morning BUT seeing the pictures of your trout just made my afternoon, now if I could just figure out how to fry them up LOL

Used to get some nice eaters down the bay from the Dwight town docks,,mmmmmmmmmm good

Thanks for sharing looked like an awesome day. :clapping:

Well, the fish are still there and fished that bay in Dwight many times over the year's... did not get there this year but last and previous ones. Have taken some really nice lakers and whitefish there but I find I do best early in the season... it freezes early and a great early walk-out spot!

Good Fish'n.. Greg.