New Ontario government protecting the environment (fishing)

Nipfisher

Well, there ya go, Hope you feel better since you got that out!! I'm wondering if you have ever been involved with any grass roots volunteer hatchery, or similar?

From my experience on 4 different type organizations, I know how much time and effort and MONEY it takes to do this stuff. I agree with some other comments on hiring some more C.O's, but a thousand or two, to a couple hundred local clubs WILL and DOES make a difference. :thumbsup_anim:

But Maybe your right, Lets ALL pay for another election, and make sure those that are elected, are more pure than honey. because that WILL HAPPEN, I can tell your sure of it.

For Your record, I DO NOT vote liberal either. :wacko:

I'm not sure about everyone else but if someone compromised the future health and welfare of my family I wouldn't be too glib about it but hey, if a few bucks thrown at your local stream to plant a few trees and milk a few fish makes you happy who am I to rain on your parade? Liberal or not these fools do not deserve the posts they hold nor do they know how the real world works. Our world. I'm not really sure a few more smolts in a stream is gonna make the real issues go away but have at er'.

Edited by moxie

SO if You hate the government and think local groups are a joke, who do you think will look after things? Or is it some people like to cry and yell ABOUT EVERYTHING and still do nothing.

Edited by mcdougy

SO if You hate the government and think local groups are a joke, who do you think will look after things? Or is it some people like to cry and yell and still do nothing.

If your comment is directed at me yes my government is a joke and most groups are a joke they are only there for the MONEY . I yell and cry and have over 34 years of helping on my local river, and the most i have received is a thank you and a slice of pizza once a year. If memory serves me correctly the ofah took over a hatchery and charged the group 2 dollars a bag of fish food for the handling of it, can you believe that crap

If your comment is directed at me yes my government is a joke and most groups are a joke they are only there for the MONEY . I yell and cry and have over 34 years of helping on my local river, and the most i have received is a thank you and a slice of pizza once a year. If memory serves me correctly the ofah took over a hatchery and charged the group 2 dollars a bag of fish food for the handling of it, can you believe that crap

Not at you or I would have quoted you. I appreciate all you do for the interest of sport fishing and water preservation. I also have never gained a penny ever, it actually costs me. The groups I join are never pocketing money like you speak of, to my knowledge. All money goes directly into the hatchery. You must know the expenses of these type of things also. It takes alot. I truly do not get into many political conversations. My original post is how and will feel. In this exact program, I feel it is a good thing to give some of the tax money to a not for profit hatchery, in the intentions they will use it to buy needed equipment, pay the hydro, buy the food, pay the property tax.............. and so on.Trying to preserve maintain or improve any body of water. The ironic part is, people who think hatcherys are joke better not ever look at stats for stocking to pick a body of water to fish, because that right there would be a joke.

I came here to meet people and make possible friends, not argue and fight. i do not see the point of that.

Edited by mcdougy

What I'm looking at is several decades of historic experience. Fisheries rehab projects and gill nets have yet to make a good combo - in Ontario or anywhere else.

well our only other option is to farm fish ...if we want to keep on eating them....but then ....we know what hazzards thats going to bring ....my point is ...the decades of research you have read are infractions set by us non native fishermen....Honestly the general feel i get from the natives is positive to repair and thrive together with an upper hand to Gov Bull that they keep omnibusing in to law

I don't think anybody is suggesting that volunteers be paid. It's just that some money will presumable made avail for the volunteers to do projects.

I didnt mean pay the volunteers,I meant for it to mean,they will give money to the groups that are volunteering. I still dont see why they should put out of their own pocket. It,s should be 100% funded.

Like I said before,volunteering is a great thing,just shouldnt be at a great cost.

Hope that made sense this time.LOL