pfd's

If you want to dual use it....boat and plane... make sure you get the ones that don't auto inflate. Hard to get out of a submerged airplane with the vest opened. Issue with the ones that dont' auto inflate...they don't help you much if you knock yourself out falling overboard.

Yes they are comforable and you'll forget you have it on.

The inflatable are great because you are more apt to have it on because they are comfortable and unobtrusive. The one drawback of the manual inflation ones would be if you were knocked-out. As stated above the auto ones can be an issue in some situations as well. No matter which one it is inflatable or traditional "foam" style if you don't put it on it isn't much use.

Rob

Let's face it, we are all guilty of, at one time or another, not wearing our PFD's when just fishing. Sure most of us put one on when under way in a boat, but not when we're fishing...

The auto-inflate models leave you no excuse not to wear it from the time you leave the dock until the time you return.

Play safe out there!

Tony

I've been using inflatables since the late 80's. Only one problem, don't go to a party and forget to take it off. Somebody always pull the string to see what will happen. :oops:

Pam

That wouldnt be too funny to see!!! :whistling:

I wear a paddling vest which is a lot more comfortable than the usual life-jackets because the arm-holes are bigger and deeper, to give you more mobility.

Still hot in the summertime sun though. :(

Mike

I use a paddling one also, I just bought an Extrasport Osprey, which is designed for kayak/canoe fishing, all sorts of pocket and places to attach things. Very comfortable. And not terribly expensive, around $85 or so.

I use a paddling one also, I just bought an Extrasport Osprey, which is designed for kayak/canoe fishing, all sorts of pocket and places to attach things. Very comfortable. And not terribly expensive, around $85 or so.

Me too. Actually I'm wearing the Extrasport in my avatar. Great for paddling or fishing.

My buddy and I are filming our first episode in Algonquin Park leaving tomorrow (kind of nervous about it actually!). Anyhow, I just found out that Salus is going to give us a couple of their pfd's to wear. Dan is the one who talked with them and he said they were fantastic people to deal with. Their product does look good, here's hoping we can give them a little bit of exposeure! ;)