Underwater Camera Lights: Do you feel they scare fish in the dark?

buick14

Hello,

I was wondering on what peoples thoughts are on if the lights on the underwater cameras scare your fish in the night?

I personally feel when the underwater camera is stationary, it does not scare any fish so long as it isnt moving or you dont turn the lights on when the fish are present..But I am uncertain if fish in the dark are spooked to feed infront of the lights?

Obviously, I have noticed that aquatic bugs and certain minnows etc are attracted to the light....(I am talking about light like on a marcum not the LED infrared on the old aqua vu which are invisible to naked eye)

So i was wondering, with light sensitive fish like Walleye, in the dark, would they be spooked to come by the light of the camera to go after a bait? Im just wondering if the underwater night viewing is useless as it scares fish

I am not interested in the legalitites in terms of fishing, Im interested in know flat out if anybody sees walleye and other fish with the cam, or if the avoid it like the plague.

Thanks guys, and Im interested in your experiences with particular species ie pike not scared of light walleye spooked etc etc

thanks

hmmm i see

my light is so bright that underwater viewing (so far) in shield like lake is actually incredible (marcum has the lights on top and they really illuminate in super dark conditions!)

So i thought walleye and etc would be scared of being in the "spotlight".....if I saw a UFo id keep my distance!

My question is do the lights on these camera's violate the "No use of artificial lights to attract fish" law?

this is the answer...if you are using the light to attract fish, then it is illegal

however if you are using the light for the purpose of using the camera to view underwater with the lights assistance , then you are good