Is there a way to keep HONEY a liquid? NF

mike rousseau

So... I use honey in my carp bait.... So while I was stocking my spring carp supplies I got a few liters of honey from "Bulk Barn". Well today I noticed it was completely solid....

I've been reading up on this and its normal I guess.... But I was wondering if there is a way to keep it in its liquid form...

I've already heated it back to its original state...

So is there anything I can do to keep it a liquid or is the heat till it liquifies method before I need it the best method....???

Thanks

Actually Honey is one of the few products that remain all natural

Its a natural occurring sugar.

Most beekeepers prefer white or light honey which is derived from clovers,apple trees or blueberries in most cases

Light honey tends to not crystallize as fast as dark honey

Light honey is easier and seems to be more visually appreciated in commercialization

Dark honey in most case is far more richer and tastier ,but its richness tends to lead to crystallization faster

Most dark honeys are derived for buckwheat

Not much you can do to prevent crystallization

Edited by marc thorpe

Can you make a pre-mix with the honey and store that? Could make a few batches of that. That should reduce the number of times you have to reheat the honey at least.

Possibly

But the timing and moisture of the mix are key to it performing well... It has to be made 6+ hours before use... But no more then say 24 hours or else the properties I want start to go away.... I'm worried freezing it may ruin the effects of the bait...

I figured I'd get the same answer here as I did on google... Crystallization will happen and warm it to liquefy.... The joys of honey....

I guess I'll just buy fresh next year as I need it...