Go train to the Sportmens Show or fishing show?

fishdawg

I am thinking about taking my 5 yr old to either one of these upcoming shows. I would like to enhance the experience for him by taking the Go Train in from Burlington. I think going to Sportsmens show at the Ex plays better?

Can anyone please make any reccomendations? For the sake of the transit schedule, i think we would be going on the Sat or Sunday.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hey Fishdawg just make sure or maybe someone on here can confirm if theres a return train. In my younger days I remember taking the train to Speedorama or some car show only to come out and no train. Needless to say Pops wasnt impressed with having to pick us up. Just sayin.

I took the train from Burlington and Mississauga for years. The Lakeshore West line goes to Union, only a few of the trains will stop at Union during the week, at least during peek times. During the weekend the train will stop at the Ex every hour at the top of the hour (9,10,11...).

Check out the Go Transit website for an up to date schedule.

Its easy from Burlington and should be a lot of fun. I am planning on taking my kids this year, I have an almost 3 yr old and 10 month old. Likely just me and the oldest going, wish I could take the train from Guelph. Might pop down to burlington just to ride the train since my daughter really loves trains right now.