FaceBook (Def NF)

TJQ

OK..

First the announcement..

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/speculation-rife-ahead-of-facebook-s-mystery-announcement-1.1114843

Now... my prediction..

I'd bet $$ its a search engine....

Last year (or so) when Google came out with Google+ it was a direct hit at Facebook. Facebook didn't have a search engine that went much outside of Facebook, and now Google was aiming directly at them with all of Googles muscle (Google + which is for most a failure.)

Ya see I've been saying for years that all FB had to do to take on Google is enable a search... or even partner with Bing...

Now we see FB on our users list spidering us when we've never seen it index our site before...

If you want to do an internet search .. you have to leave Facebook to do it. If they can come up with a good search engine, (and now that Google has really pissed off a bunch of webmasters just like me) I wont hesitate to use it instead.

Cause then they can.. #1 highlight Facebook pages like mine in their results (keeping people on Facebook, generating more $$) then serve their own results, #2 as well as selling ads on the side which is the MAIN source of Googles revenue.

Ive been saying for a couple of years now that gGoogle has to be careful.. and I think FB is about to take a shot back...

Also.. you make a tablet or a phone... you "build" a search engine.

This is my prediction!! Glad I've been putting lots of effort into FB.

I know its not fishing, but this stuff is unfortunately important to me and should be to anyone whose in business.. It will be interesting to see if I'm right.

Its good foresight TJ , when your on top of your game you probably are right .

LOL. well thanks...well see..

Take it a step further once facebook has a search engine and then FaceBook Tablets and phones as they are usually free to access from mobile devices now

Yup.. its not like they don't have the dough .. as well as corporate shareholders now.

Facebook Inc. announced a search tool to browse its social network on Tuesday at a highly awaited press event.

Its new graph-search feature lets users look for information on their social network, with privacy an integral part of the new service, chief executive officer Mark Zuckerberg said at the company’s Menlo Park, Calif., headquarters.

Facebook has been trying to improve its mobile features to cash in on its network of more than 1 billion users and attract advertisers since its May 2012 IPO flopped.

The new Graph Search allows a user to type in queries such as “photos my friends took in New York City” or “restaurants in London my friends have been to” and results will appear based on information shared with the user.

Facebook shares rose over the past week following an invite to journalists and bloggers to its headquarters for an announcement. The cryptic invitation to “come and see what we’re building” fuelled speculation that the social networker would release, among other things, a smartphone, a search engine to rival Google, new ways of mobile advertising or fees for instant messaging.

Facebook was little changed at $31.10 at 1:16 p.m. in New York. Google Inc. rose after Facebook said that the new product wouldn’t search the web.