Best Fish and Chips I've ever had

nofish4me

If none of you have had the chance to eat fish & chips in Nfld, the next closest thing is located in Scarborough called A Taste of Newfoundland. Atlantic cod is the ingredient of choice and man, I'm a convertor for life. Good bye haibut, hello Atlantic cod. It wouldn't be an authentic Newfoundland joint if it didn't serve your fries with gravy and dressing-icing on the cake. The chips portion is quite big so if you decide to take a visit, go on a hungry stomach. :)

It's located along the south side of Lawrence, just east of Midland in Scarborough.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

Best fish and chips I've ever had were served from an old converted school bus in Killarney. The fish were lake perch - super super!

x2!

That would be Herbert's in Killarney. When I used to camp just west of the Bad River delta we'd take a long boat ride over to Killarney at least once for fish and chips.

It's usually fresh caught whitefish, not perch though.

Regardless that place is an institution and was easily the best fish and chips I've ever had as well.

That would be Herbert's in Killarney. When I used to camp just west of the Bad River delta we'd take a long boat ride over to Killarney at least once for fish and chips.

It's usually fresh caught whitefish, not perch though.

Regardless that place is an institution and was easily the best fish and chips I've ever had as well.

X3... with honourable mention to a place in Port Stanley that serves up Perch and Pickereye...

HH

I guess it would be x5 now. Never had perch from "The Bus", it's always been whitefish and been VERY good. I need to go back this summer.

When I lived in Wheatley nothing beat fresh caught pearch pratcially right off the boat.

If I don't feel like traveling very far there is a fish and chips place at 5th street and Lakeshore in Toronto that is hard to beat for Halibut. I'm not sure what its called, we've always just called it '5th Street fish and chips'.

And on the opposite end, a number of years ago I accepted a job assignment in Budapest Hungary. We lived there for a few years, and while we enjoyed our stay immensely, I have to say that their idea of a fish chowder is the most God aweful thing known to mankind. A Hungarian friend of mine asked us to go on a road trip with him one weekend to enjoy what he called, the best fish soup on the planet. It was about a 2 hour drive, so when we got this much anticipated soup I didn't have the heart to tell him this stuff is horrible. It was all i could do to choke down a bowl without getting sick. meanwhile he lapping this stuff up like a hungry kitten on a bowl of milk. So, I guess everything is in the eye, or in this case, the tastebuds, of the beholder. It wasn't until late into my 2nd year that i discovered Zander, which as you know is very similiar to our walleye. They fry them whole over their, head-on, scaled only, and they were very tasty. Interesting also is their fresh fish market. The most common fish sold is carp from the Danube River.