Gotta love this, sickening

Live2fish85

LOL@ the 57 nests in Ontario Bull. Bald eagle numbers have been increasing steadily for decades since the banning of CFC's nearly wiped them out decades ago. Nothing 'sickening' about this. That article was P3TA-calibre stupidity.

DDT, not CFCs. Big difference.

"If you know a thing about these windmills the energy can't be stored for long so has to be sold, which goes for cheap."

wow - rather misinformed.

wind turbines don't determine if energy can be stored - they only create energy.

it is up to the owner to determine if they want to harness and sell back to the grid, or store it.

nothing to do with the turbine itself.

as long as they don't move offshore, i'm for the most part 100% a-ok with wind turbines.

Yes but those drawbacks aren't going to cost us a huge jump in taxes. They will sell most of the power from these turbines to Quebec and the states for less then what we are paying for it to be made.

Do taxes not also go into nuclear and coal power generation? Im sorry i thought these were government controlled?

And the turbines certainly can, and do, store the energy. Not all of them, just most.

Quebec is in Canada, so no matter where the Canadian power is going, at least it's staying in Canada. And our power is not discounted to any other countries, no matter how it was harvested.

Edited by Rich

In Ontario power generation is private, well crown corp.

OPG runs the bulk of the plants and Hydro One runs the bulk of distribution.

OPG has 4 nuke plants(two leased to bruce power), 5 thermal stations(coal and diesle) 65 hydro electric, and 2 wind urbines.

96% of the power produced is either nuclear, hydroelectric or wind.

Rich, tubines don't contain any storage capacity.

they can only generate.

the generated power is then transmitted to storage devices (forms of batteries), or to the grid.

storing power is not practical ($$$$), which is why all our power generators (coal, hydro, nuclear, etc) all send their power directly back to the grid.

Fisherville isnt like n/w ontario or peterborough or any other place where bald eagles are prevalent. Fisherville has ONE nest that I know of which is now gone.

Fisherville for those that do not know is a nice quiet farmland area. I live 20 minutes away and I know it sure is nice to know that such things like bald eagles live in my neck of the woods, it remains to be seen what will become of them.

These energy people walked in and cut down an ACTIVE bald eagle nest that was there before the windmill project even came to fruition. They could have moved the road or windmill but they chose to cut it down. Remember this is the year 2013, this is complete Bull that this was ever allowed to happen. Money talks and crap walks unfortunately.

To put it into prespective, think of it as if a cottager on your favorite lake built a dock and destroyed a bunch of spawning habitat for bass, muskie or whatever. Then the MNR chooses to look the other way becasue of well i wont say but the cottager has lots of $$$$$. Im sure people would be crying the blues. But hey the fish can just move on and build another nest at another spawing location can they not...........

Next maybe your favorite bass area on Lake Simcoe will be filled with windmills, I know they proposed to have them on LSC right out in the water, wouldn;t that be awesome.